Thursday, June 15, 2006

The rains have come...

So, the rainy season is now upon us.  The reasons I know this is that:

  • The roof leaks in two places, luckily not above the batteries (zap!).
  • Colleen's back fence blew down (check her blog when she gets around to it).
  • The lock on our door froze up because of the wood expansion, so when I got home me and the neighbors had to break our way into the house. This involved a very heavy steel ladder, and cutting of screen.  Luckily once I took the lock apart I was able to find the problem, it'd been a bit sticky anyway.
  • My counterpart got his car stuck in a muddy puddle on the way to work.
  • Most of the roads have large holes running down the middle of them where streams have formed (you say - I know dirt roads... but in many places the holes form on the sides, here they are in the middle because the drainage isn't setup correctly).
  • Most of all: my umbrella no longer seems like such a silly thing sitting there in the corner.
Side note: I just got a new web browser, flock that makes it pretty easy to blog.  So maybe I'll get better... probably not though.

technorati tags:, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home